Been in a Motorcycle Accident?
Call Our Roswell Personal Injury Attorney for Help
You could be left with devastating injuries in the wake of a motorcycle accident. Due largely to the lack of protection for those who ride motorcycles, drivers often suffer serious injuries including broken bones, head and neck trauma, and internal bleeding. Thankfully, there is a legal means of obtaining justice for those motorcyclists injured through no fault of their own—our Roswell personal injurylawyer can determine if you may be eligible to recover financial compensation for being wrongfully injured.
At Crow Law Firm, we have made a name for ourselves recovering damages for those hurt by another party’s negligence. For more than 10 years, our firm has been able to recover tens of millions of dollars in all for our injured clients. We begin by offering critical legal insight to your particular case and fight hard on your behalf in and out of court so you can recover the damages you need to get back on your feet after an accident.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Although there are inherent risks associated with riding a motorcycle and even driving a car, motorcycles are less visible to other drivers and pedestrians and less stable since they are equipped with only two wheels, rather than four. As we mentioned earlier, when a crash involves a motorcycle, the motorcyclist suffers more catastrophic and fatal injuries compared to drivers because of the lack of protection.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 5,104 motorcyclists were killed and approximately 84,000 were injured in motorcycle collisions in 2019. Nearly half of all these accidents involved another vehicle.
To avoid being involved in an accident, you must understand the common causes of motorcycle crashes and be aware of such situations whenever you are on the road.
The following are the common causes of motorcycle accidents in the United States:
- Driver inattention – Many accidents are caused by drivers who did not detect or recognize motorcycles on the road. Since motorcycles are small, even the most attentive driver can have trouble seeing motorcyclists coming or passing by. Bikers should assume that drivers do not see them and practice defensive riding to anticipate any sudden movements from the driver.
- Cars turning left – The NHTSA reported that nearly half of all fatal collisions involving a car and a motorcycle in 2019 occurred when the car made a left-hand turn at the time of the accident. Keep in mind, drivers turning left are required to yield to other traffic. Therefore, if a driver strikes a motorcyclist whil turning left, he/she will be at fault for the accident.
- Head-on collisions – The 2019 NHTSA report also said nearly ¾ of fatal motorcycle accidents involving other vehicles occurred when the car hit the motorcycle in the front, compared to only seven percent of motorcycles in rear-end collisions. Head-on collisions are almost always deadly because of the amount of speed and force generated by the motor vehicle and the motorcyclist’s lack of protection.
- Lane splitting – When it comes to maneuvering through heavy traffic, motorcyclists can snake between a line of slowly moving or stopped vehicles. Unfortunately, many drivers do not expect any vehicle to pass them in a traffic jam.
- Hazardous road conditions – From debris on the road and potholes to slippery surfaces due to inclement weather and loose gravel, motorcycles are extremely vulnerable to hazardous road conditions. Again, since motorcycles only have two wheels, they do not offer the same stability as passenger vehicles.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Roswell, look no further than Crow Law Firm. We can investigate the crash, collect and examine evidence, negotiate with insurers, and ensure you obtain the financial compensation you deserve to help you recover from injury.
We Fight for Motorcyclists!
Our Roswell motorcycle accident attorney can begin working on your case quickly to ensure your best chance at recovering the maximum compensation possible for your case. We can investigate the accident in which you were hurt, interview witnesses and communicate with any insurance companies involved.
You can help your case in the aftermath of a motorcycle accident by:
- Taking photos of the accident scene, your bike, and any injuries you suffered
- If you were left unable to work, document how many hours you lost from your injuries
- Retain copies of any medical documents and receipts for procedures or medications
- Obtain contact information from the other drivers involved and any witnesses to the accident
- Take down notes of all you remember immediately before, during, and after the accident
Wounds heal and memories fade which makes it imperative that you take photos and make notes regarding the accident as soon as possible, after seeking medical assistance if it is needed.
Injured? Call Our Firm Right Away!
Afterwards, speak with a Roswell personal injury attorney from Crow Law Firm to receive legal advice on how to proceed. You should refrain from discussing the accident with anyone, especially if you have not spoken with our firm yet.
Do not speak with any attorney or insurance adjustor representing the other party. Their attorney will likely ask you questions in order to get you to admit fault for the accident and claims adjustors will work to offer you a settlement which is usually less that you can obtain in court or after settling with our attorney.
Have questions about your accident injury claim? Speak with our firm during a free case evaluation!
B.J. is very knowledgeable and really fought for my family.- Larry
B.J. Crow and his office did an excellent job fighting on my behalf.- Mike B.
I highly recommend Crow Law Firm!- Destiny C.
B.J. and his staff were extremely professional.- John B.
Crow Law Firm got me the compensation I deserved.- Former Client