Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Roswell
Experienced Legal Counsel & Representation for Victims & Their Families in New Mexico
Medical malpractice contains perhaps some of the most egregious cases found in personal injury law. When a trusted medical professional fails to provide the expected standard of care for his or her clients, the results can be severe and even deadly. These individuals hold a position of importance in their patients' lives and should be held accountable for negligent care.
At Crow Law Firm, we are passionate about standing up for the victims of medical malpractice. If you believe you or someone you love was the victim of medical malpractice, don’t wait to reach out to our legal team. In most cases, you only have three years to bring a claim. These are complex legal matters, and you will need the help of an experienced attorney to better your chances of a positive outcome.
Types of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice cases involve numerous instances of severe neglect or misconduct:
- Birth injuries, such as oxygen deprivation resulting in brain damage, cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy, and bruises or cuts caused by improper use of delivery equipment
- Medication errors, including over-medication, under-medication, or failure to screen for conflicting side effects caused by other prescriptions the patient might be taking
- Diagnosis errors, such as misdiagnosis, resulting in the dangerous progression of a condition that should have been identified and treated immediately
- Anesthesia errors, including administration errors and failure to wait for anesthesia to take effect before beginning surgery
- Surgical errors, such as retention of medical devices, infection, or wrong operation, as well as operating on the wrong patient
Medical malpractice can occur in hospitals, doctors’ offices, dental practices, and anywhere medical treatment is provided. Additionally, if the resident of a nursing home facility was improperly treated by a nurse, doctor, or another medical professional, his or her family members may be able to take legal action for medical malpractice or nursing home malpractice.
Compensation in Medical Malpractice Cases
Victims of medical malpractice may seek compensation for their damages, which could include:
- Medical expenses to treat a worsened condition, new complication, or improper diagnosis
- Lost income or wages, from time taken off work to receive medical care
- Lost future income or wages if the victim’s injuries are disabling
- Pain and suffering for any physical, emotional, or mental trauma the victim suffered
Additionally, if your loved one died as a result of a medical error, you may be able to seek wrongful death benefits. These can include compensation for the cost of medical care incurred prior to death, funeral or burial expenses, lost income and/or support, loss of expected inheritance, emotional distress, and loss of companionship, consortium, and love.
Serving Clients throughout Southeast New Mexico
Our Roswell medical malpractice attorney at Crow Law Firm is here to stand beside you during the difficult time following an injury caused by medical malpractice. Whether a surgeon, nurse, physical therapist, anesthesiologist, dentist, pediatrician, chiropractor, midwife, or any other healthcare professional caused your injury, rely on our team for the assistance and aggressive advocacy you deserve at this time. We can take legal action against the hospital or facility in which the medical malpractice occurred. By taking legal action with the help of our law firm, you can take your life back.
Contact our team as soon as possible to discuss your case. We offer free initial case evaluations and work on a contingency fee policy, so contacting us involves no risk. Quite simply, you have a great deal to gain—and potentially nothing to lose.
B.J. is very knowledgeable and really fought for my family.- Larry
B.J. Crow and his office did an excellent job fighting on my behalf.- Mike B.
I highly recommend Crow Law Firm!- Destiny C.
B.J. and his staff were extremely professional.- John B.
Crow Law Firm got me the compensation I deserved.- Former Client